Saturday, February 9, 2008

Hair Police Out On Patrol

Ok, I will admit it, I am the Hair Police.

I cannot go anywhere in public without checking out everyone's hair. I picture in my mind how I could make them look better. I go so far as to envision them sitting in my chair in the salon while I fix their haircut, or correct their color.

Sometimes, I catch myself staring at people...people with really bad hair. For instance, this evening I was with the kids at O'Charley's for dinner. A woman was seated across from me, and I knew the second I laid eyes on her I was in trouble! My little hampster on the wheel in my brain started running. I would guess this lady to be around 50. She was a very attractive lady...until you got to her hair...and her eyebrows. She had that mousey brown hair, which she had FROSTED! Saying the word "frosted" is like taking the name of color in vein. And mousey brown hair should NEVER, EVER, EVER be frosted. (for those of you who don't know what frosted is, it is when someone uses bleach to achieve a totally white shade, which usually looks like Kentucky fried hair when it's done) When you mix: mousey brown +frosted white= gray.

So now we have this very attractive lady with self-made gray hair. But that's not the worst of it...oh no...it get's even worse! She had curled the top straight back, no bangs, and the poofed it up as high as she could. Then, it looked like she took a vent brush and a blow dryer and some hair spray and made wings on the sides of her head. The back of her hair was completely flat, so she looked like she stook up against a brick wall when she did her hair. And to top it all off, she had drawn on her eyebrows...with DARK BROWN eyebrow pencil! I swear, that made her hair look ever grayer!

I dared my daughter to take a picture of her with her phone, but she wouldn't play with me.

Here's my question...Do people like that really think their hair looks good? Certainly a woman would not look in a mirror and think having bat wings would look stylish!

No comments:

Post a Comment