Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh Baby...Ella Belle

We went to Target this evening. I was trying to cash in on some 100-calorie pack Goldfish cracker and left or Valentine's Day candy deals that I had coupons for. I raided the clearance racks and got some awesome deals on sweats and shirts for Owen and Ella Belle. We had been there for about 45 minutes when the two little kids were grating on my last nerve. I begged their dad to take them to the car so I could finish shopping. He started on his way out, and as I was standing there looking at the Goldfish crackers, I heard Ella Belle's voice blurt out:

"Oh baby, sweet Momma!"

I have no clue what she was doing, or why she said this. He dad had no clue why she said it either. I was embarrassed, and I was no where near them! Owen learned this particular phrase at preschool from one of his friends. They say it all the time at home, but what made this time so funny is what came next.

There was a woman pushing her daughter in a cart passed Ella Belle when she said this. As this woman went passed my isle, I heard her little girl, who was about 2 1/2 years old, saying:

"Oh baby, sweet Momma. Oh baby, sweet Momma. Oh baby, sweet Momma. Oh baby, sweet Momma."

I feel sorry for this poor woman when she has to explain to everyone that her daughter picked up this phrase in Target!

No comments:

Post a Comment