Friday, March 14, 2008

Ask a Stupid Question...

My 17 year old son, Dustyn, hurt his foot playing football yesterday. This morning, I took him to the doctor to have it checked out. We were about 20 minutes late (NOT my fault! That's another post in itself!) so we had to wait for a little while to be seen.

The doctor decided Dustyn needed an X-ray. I knew that I had an opening until 2:00 at work, so I thought everything would be O.K. to take him to get the X-ray. I called work, just to double check, and low and behold I had a 12:00 appointment. Well, since it was 11:57, I figured I better haul ass to work.

On the way I called the X-ray center and asked if Dustyn could come by himself to get the X-ray since he's not quite 18 yet (see ticker at the bottom of this page). The woman on the phone said this to me,

"Are you giving us your verbal consent to X-ray him without you being here?"

Ummmm....let me think about that one for a minute....why else would I ask if he could come by himself if I wasn't consenting to it? I wonder what she would have said if I had told her "No."?

I hate stupid questions...

No comments:

Post a Comment