Sunday, March 16, 2008

Yuck Mouth

You ever wonder how many people get free medical care from the government every year? I am working on my degree in Social Services and Chemical Dependency, so I have occasion to frequent my local Department of Job and Family Services. I see a variety of people in this office every time I go in there. One benefit that the majority of them receive in common is free medical care. If you get a medical card, you get free vision, dental, and doctor care (among other things).

That leaves me with this question for a lot of these people I see:

Why the hell are you walking around with rotten teeth???


I mean, come on people! There are millions of middle class people with no health insurance that would give their left arm to have dental insurance! I just don't get it...That medical card will even pay for braces! I have about $10,000 wrapped up in my 2 teenager's smiles-that came out of my pocket. All I can do is sigh, and shake my head in disbelief.



No comments:

Post a Comment