Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Will Feed and House the Unemployed

I feel that I am deserving of a man who is willing to worship the ground I walk on.

What woman wouldn't want that for herself?

No matter how moody or snippy my mom was to my dad, my dad always bent over backwards to make her happy. He farmed, and worked a full time job, so that she could stay at home and raise the 4 of us. After we were old enough to fend for ourselves, my dad supported her when she wanted to start a career as a tax preparer. My dad just retired this past December and my mom is still doing taxes. He takes her to work every day, comes home and cleans the house, then goes back and picks her up and takes her to dinner so she doesn't have to cook. I have never heard my parents argue.

They broke the mold when they made my dad!

This is how I always envisioned my life would turn out. A loving husband that worships the ground I walked on. A man who would take care of me. A true partner for life.

Is this what I attract? NOT!

I think I have a big neon sign over my head that reads, "Will feed and house the unemployed."

I don't know how to make it go away!

Now I admit, I made a huge mistake in high school by dating an older guy with no job. Hey- I was in high school-what did I know? Moral of this experience? Don't have unprotected sex. Yep, I got pregnant. Don't get me wrong, Dustyn, Valerie and Sophie are awesome kids, but I wish I would have waited. I had 3 kids by the time I was 24. It took me 11 years to get away from that mess. I always worked to pay the bills. Him-not so much. He was an alcoholic, drug addict, and also very abusive to me. I finally found the strength to leave...only to meet mistake #2.

Ya gotta love internet dating. That is where I meet the next one. He just popped on my screen one day. We talked for a few months before we meet, and I had no intention of even dating him, much less having his kids. But, I fell for him. He had these beautiful eyes. He also had a college education. To me, this meant he would get a well paying job. WRONG! In the 6 years we were together, he didn't work more than 1 month-total. It took me over 18 months of "suggesting" we should seperate, and 9 months of telling him to "Get your sh*t and get out!" before he finally did it. I did get Owen and Ella-Belle out of the deal, so it wasn't a total loss, but he wreaked my house. Holes in my walls, holes in my yard, trash everywhere-it will take me a while to clean up his mess, but at least I am free!

I have decided to turn over a new leaf. I'm not going to settle. I want to be worshiped. I am a beautiful woman with a lot to offer-I am not going to let some unemployed loser take advantage of me ever again!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! Men come with enough issues already. At the very least, insist on an income.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you got your sht together. Why let some guy drag you down? I'm a firm believer of there's no point in a marriage besides to have kids. You seem to have beautiful kids. You are in a good place. Right now. I wouldn't seek to change a thing.
    - buzzeedad

    ReplyDelete