Thursday, June 12, 2008

Does He Really Exist???

What qualities are considered necessary to create the “perfect man”?

I’m not talking about the “perfect looking” man; I’m talking about a man who is marriage material. These are a few of the qualities I consider necessary:

1) Employment (Unless your name is Joeprah, you need to have a J-O-B!)
2) Teeth (Gums are only cute if you are 1 or 100)
3) Maturity (If I wanted to hang out with a teenager, I would hang out with my son!)
4) Compassion (You have to care about someone other than yourself)
5) Self-Control (Active addictions are not conducive to my career, and I am not looking for another verbal, mental, or physical abuser)
6) Honesty (A relationship can not be built on lies!)
7) Morals & Values (I don’t want to worry about taking you out in public!)
8) Correct Grammar (“Gots” is not a word, so please don’t say it!)
9) Affectionate (A hug after a long day is a wonderful stress reliever)
10) Parenting Skills (Parents need to be a team, it’s the only healthy way to raise kids)

Yes, I have dated my share of losers. It’s like I have a neon sign above my head that reads “WILL FEED AND HOUSE THE UNEMPLOYED.” Or, I find the guy who thinks we made a “real connection,” yet I thought we had nothing in common. I wrack my brain trying to figure out what “connection” he thought we made…who knows? Maybe he has always dated losers too.

So…where do I find this “perfect man”?

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Thanks for including me in a flattering way! You rock! Parenting is definitely a team effort. Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, one thing to look for, a man who takes care of his kids :)
    That way you know he is employed, unselfish, affectionate, and so on. If he has no kids, run away!!Good luck on your quest--keep high standards!!!

    ReplyDelete