Friday, January 2, 2009

When Is Enough Really Enough?

I went shopping this week.

3 times.

I bought shampoo and conditioner.

A LOT of shampoo and conditioner. 73 bottles to be exact.

I am trying to rationalize my purchases. Was I being a frugal shopper, or an obsessed nut-case? You see, I had all these coupons for Infusium 23 and Pantene products, and we were out of conditioner. A home with 3 teenagers and no conditioner is a case for Children’s Services (so I’ve been told!)

I have to let you in on a secret. Using store bought shampoo is against my code of ethics. Well, not really, but I would have a hard time retailing the shampoos and conditioners I carry in the salon to my clients if they knew I was wiping out the shelves of 3 CVS’s for their stock of discounted goods! I always used my salon retail products at home, but I have noticed in the last year or so that we are always out of shampoo and conditioner!

I believe the kids were drinking it. Or trying to make explosives out of it. Or maybe, just maybe, they just poured it down the drain so they could complain that we were out of it and remind me that I’m “a horrible mother who does hair for a living, but can’t even bring home shampoo and conditioner for her own kids!” (That would be a direct quote from Valerie)

Well guess what kids? You got your wish! AND THEN SOME!

I added up all my purchases, and my total for all 3 transactions was a little under $40.00!

How could I NOT buy every single bottle on the shelf? How could I NOT go to every single CVS in my town and clean their shelves? How could I not brag to Jenny about it? And how could I not blog about it?

2 comments:

  1. Just use the salon stuff for yourself. Hide it!! In a lockbox. And save all the other stuff for the kiddies. :) That's saving money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it wrong to put store brand in name brand bottles and sell?

    I was just wondering. Would they really know?

    ReplyDelete