I just started stalking a new blog. I was drawn to this particular blog because of the author's heartfelt desire to foster and adopt children. My brother and sister-in-law have 3 adopted children, so this blog tugged at my heartstrings. Tanis, better known as Redneck Mommy , welcomed a new bundle of joy into her family, and I stumbled upon a Redneck Shower , so I decided to invite myself on over.
To do this, I need to blog about the Redneck in me. I was raised on a farm. I got this.
1) Butter makes GREAT shoe polish!
2) I had a "horse" named Bessie. I played on her for hours. She resembled a propane tank...
3) I have watched a tornado from my front porch.
4) I loved rollerskating in my driveway. It was gravel.
5) I have picked Dandelions, which my mother fixed for dinner.
6) I grew up next door to a slaughter house, where I Trick-or-Treated.
7) My favorite playhouse was the old chicken house.
8) I loved my sandbox. So did my cats.
9) I have helped castrate pigs and steers.
The first 9 were from my childhood. This last one is recent. I was going to post about it, but it slipped my mind...until now!
10) You know you're a Redneck Mommy when...Ella-Belle pukes on the floor and while you're getting paper towels to clean her up, you see Sammy (the Malte-poo) headed for the pile of puke and you don't tell him "NO!" because, hell, you don't want to clean it up and you forgot to stop and get dog food anyway...
So there you have it, my contribution to Tanis' Redneck Shower. I know these in no way compare to the Redneckiness of Tanis' wannabeCanadianbestie Mr. Lady, but Mr. Lady doesn't have a puke-eatin' dog, does she?