Friday, March 20, 2009

Shelli and Tim, Sittin' in a Tree...

So there’s this guy…

And I’m in love with him…

He’s amazing…

We started talking in April of last year. I was pimpin’ myself out placed a personal add on a website to try to catch a date. I thought my pick-up line was humorous, yet to-the-point. “I want a man who will worship me and kiss the ground I walk on. My parents have been married for 40 years; I want that perfection. Or some to go on a date with would be nice too!” I placed this add in very early April. I went on 2 dates. The first guy was nice, but he had no kids. A guy with no kids can’t possible deal withunderstand a girl with 5 kids! Not to mention that he couldn’t wouldn’t keep his hands off me! UGH! The second guy was nice, but I just didn’t feel that ‘connection’ I was looking for. And it didn’t help any that he had the same name as the waste of breathing space my little kid’s dad.
Then I got the email that changed my life. “Your picture drew me to your profile, and your profile drew my interest even more. I would love to chat with you. Tim” And so we started chatting. And chatting. And chatting some more. Then we started texting each other. Every single morning his text was there to wish me a great day, and every single night his text was there to wish me peaceful sleep. We did this every day. For. Three. Months. He asked once if he could call me, but the kids were trying to kill each other and I didn’t want the noise to scare him off I told him it was kinda chaotic at my house at the moment. He said he understood. He never asked to call me again, and I never had the nerve to call him.
I started to resign myself to the fact that Tim and I were going to be internet and texting friends. After all, we had been chatting and texting for three months. Then, at the end of June, I got the most exciting text ever!
“Do you think it’s to soon for me to ask you out on a date?” Seriously? For real? I was squealing and bouncing around in my chair at work, I was so excited! I turned 36 on July 4th, Tim was turning 37 on July 7th; we decided to meet on July 6th. Tim has been the best birthday present I could have ever asked for.
Now, here’s a little FYI about me: I have never been married. Never. Ever. When I think about marriage, I think in terms of forever. I want the perfection my parents have. I know, some people may be thinking ’OMG! She has 5 freaking kids out of wedlock! Slut!’ Yea, Yea, I know, not the best situation to be raising kids. The older 3 kid’s dad used to beg and threaten me to marry him. Yea, ’cause that was gonna last! The 2 younger kid’s dad begged me to marry him too. The thing is, even though I had these heathens beautiful children with these losers men, I could never image spending the rest of my life with either one of them.
Tim is different. He’s kind, and loving, and caring, and sweet, and nurturing, and makes me feel things I have never felt before. My heart aches for him when we’re apart. I feel safe in his arms. When he kisses me on the forehead, I melt. Our kids love to be together, and he is the best father I have ever known. I wish my kids were so lucky to have a father as wonderful as him. He’s strong and handsome and smart and funny and bald but I don’t care because I’m just so head over heals in love with him!!!
I could imagine spending the rest of my life with Tim.


4 comments:

  1. You know what's funny hun? My hubby is named Tim, I met him on the internet and we were texting & phone friends for a bit too, he kisses me on the forehead all the time AND he's bald LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding Love is awesome. Hoo-rah for you--you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest post!! Every girl deserves a man like that and I'm happy you found your Mr Right! You two look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from SITS! Tim sounds like a great guy. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete