Friday, April 3, 2009

Hug Your Children Tonight!!!

I have 5 beautiful nieces and nephews. Of those 5, the oldest boy and the youngest boy and girl were adopted by my brother and sister-in-law. They were not adopted as infants, nor were they adopted internationally. My brother and sister-in-law adopted children that were in foster care. They had 2 beautiful daughters of their own, but they longed for a son. My brother and SIL decided that the only way to ensure having a son would be to adopt one. Matt came into our lives 5 years ago, at the age of 7. He is the sweetest boy, and the perfect addition to our family! Even though they had their son, they decided to open their home and hearts to more children. A couple years later, Haidyn and Dillon found their way into our lives. They are natural siblings, who just happened to be the same ages as my Owen and Ella. Even though they have some behavior and developmental issues, they are a perfect fit within our happy family.

My SIL's parents recently decided to become foster parents. This is the reason for my post. My SIL's parents got a call for an emergency placement this evening. They were told to go to the local hospital where the children been sent by their pediatrician. My SIL called me tonight to ask me if I had heard about these children on the news.

My heart ached when she said this to me. I had read about these children in the newspaper. I even read the police report; it sickened me. I just do not understand how a mother can be so heartless and uncaring. I do not understand how a mother could allow ANYONE to harm her children. I do not understand how this "mother" can look at herself in the mirror.



The only thing these children have is the clothes on their back, and each other. Their bodies are beaten and bruised, but they are SAFE now.

If anyone has extra clothing that they would be willing to donate to these children, please contact me. The little boy is in need of size 5-6, and the little girl needs size 3-4. Any items would be greatly appreciated!

26 comments:

  1. Heartbreaking. God bless your family for taking in these poor little souls. I wish I had something in the sizes you need to give them. I will ask my family and friends to donate and get back to you. In the meantime, praying for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for these poor kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness! My heart just breaks. I don't have anything in those sizes... I wish I did. I will pray hard for these sweet babies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not advocate enough for foster care. It's where all other kids go, the ones who aren't cute little babies. As a, now grown, foster child, if you have love to give to a child, it is badly needed.

    Contact me through email and I will see what I can put together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does break my heart. In my past life (LOL) I was a director for a foster family agency and some of those kids had stories that would give me nightmares. I'd often cry as I read the court reports...so sad and you just wonder why God sends such precious, innocent children to those kind of people. I hope the mother gets what she deserves!

    I wish I had some clothes to donate but we just donated all our old clothes to Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THank God for people like you! Sorry I don't have any clothes right now. We're not even close to those sizes for boys, and my daughter is currently in those sizes. Hope yo uget a lot of clothing though, wish I could be more helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is sad.

    But what's worse is that it happens alot more than the news reports.. :(

    I am praying..

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so horrific.

    Thank God there are people like your family out there to show these children that there is good and kindness in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you to you and your family for opening your hearts and lives to these children. I buy all my kids clothes used, because they go through them so fast. What is left over goes in the rag bin due to holes on top of holes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't hear the video. Something's wrong with my audio. But I can just imagine...

    I don't have any clothing, otherwise I'd be sending it your way.

    Thank god for people like your family who have enough love for others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a heartbreaking story. Thank goodness there are people out there like your family who are able and, more importantly, willing to open their homes and hearts to children who so desperately need a loving home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so unbelievable. I don't understand how a mother can be so heartless when it comes to her children. And I really don't understand why some people get to reproduce.

    But it's a relief to know that those children are in a safe place with good people that will take care of them.

    I hope they are able to recover from this as much as possible and that their mother NEVER gets them back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will try and see if I can find something in those sizes. My heart is hurting for them.

    I know it's off topic, but I want to pass a blog award to you. You can find it here:
    http://www.apsychmommy.com/2009/04/long-overdue-acceptance-speech.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG how can some one be so cruel and call themself a mother?? I am glad your family is there for these precious babies. Wish I was closer, I have some things that would be perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't understand how anyone could harm a child, especially your own children. so sad...

    ReplyDelete
  16. let me know where to send stuff. I will be back in my place on Friday and will see if I can come up with some stuff and I will ask around. this is totally hearbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sad! I will look through the closet and see what I can do.

    Hugs and Mocha,
    Stesha

    ReplyDelete
  18. How aweful! Where can we send donations to? I have clothes from my daughter and also some toys and books if needed. I was just ready to make a trip to the Goodwill...I knew there was a reason I did not stop and drop these bags off yet. Will be happy to send stuff to these little angels!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great family taking in foster kids!! Hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Shelli, sorry about that I'm not very blog literate yet...I sent you an email to your yahoo address. My yahoo addy is mistyeyes so keep an eye peeled for it...check you junk folder incase it went there if you don't see it. Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, how heartbreaking. Kudos to your family for all that they are doing! This is my first time here. Looking forward to reading more.

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    1/2 of TheBlogRollers.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank God they're in good hands now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh! Horrible news! And, horrible people to do this to children!

    I h*te them.

    :o(

    Thank goodness for your family, and other families like yours.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a story to share. You are such a kind soul.

    I wanted to say Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete