Sunday, August 23, 2009

I Am The Most Inconsiderate Mother Ever


Dear Valerie,


I guess I owe you an apology.


It was very selfish of me to (finally) hang curtains in the living room; but I am tired of the neighbors seeing me walk around the house in my bra and underwear every morning. It was also very selfish of me to rearrange the living room after I finished (finally) hanging said curtains. I just don’t know where my mind was when I did not ask your permission to do this, seeing as how by moving the TV, I would have to unplug the wireless internet for 5 whole minutes. I apologize for having the audacity to interrupt your YoVille game. I know you can’t stop playing that game for longer than a bathroom break, so I really overstepped my bounds by interrupting your internet service. I feel bad that, because I moved the wireless router and modem, you are not getting a fast enough connection out in the garage, where you spend your days and nights playing on YoVille. I’m sorry that I upset you so much that you had to storm into the house, scream (your veins were popping out of your neck) at the router and shake it to try to get more bars so you could get a faster connection. And I totally agree that you had every right to demand that Sophie let you see her brand new laptop to see how fast her connection was. How dare she refuse to tell you her password?


I guess I also need to apologize for buying Sophie a laptop for her birthday; I should have asked if it was okay with you first. You informed me that you hate your laptop (remember, the one you HAD to have?) and it’s a POS. Just so you know, Sophie’s was $200 CHEAPER than the one I bought you for your birthday this year. I know, I know…she still should not have a newer one than you.


I’m sorry, I will never be so inconsiderate of your feelings again.


Love,


Mommy Dearest

4 comments:

  1. We are cut from the same cloth you and I...this post was: priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your blog is so funny! SO true too! I was drawn to your blog because of your title...I have only had TWO stinkin' pedicures in my whole life. One for my wedding and one for my sister's. (which my mom paid for!) Now that I have a family of my own, it just does not work into our budget at all for this kind of pampering...and I need it now more than ever. I knew I had to do something. I researched all kinds of home remedies for what kinds of things work well for sore feet that do not look that pretty. I now try to do a home pedicure by just relaxing my feet in a hot bath (essential oils are great) and then I pumice for sure. Followed by my favorite natural foot cream from Topricin! Last, I add on my fav color for the week! It usually turns out that I feet so much more relaxed and rejuvinated! Anyway- your blog is adorable and I can't wait to read more from a mom like me who desperately needs a foot pampering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm hoping this 'sincere' letter of apology did wonders for your relationship with her :)

    Good luck fanning the flames.

    ReplyDelete